Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

March 29, 2024, 11:10:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2

Sooo, uuuhhhh... heh. You see, what had happened was... well, I just suck at updates!

The post directly underneath this one is announcing our fourth annual giveaway, and since Claws of Veeshan was rather uneventful (and because I just suck), subsequent updates continued to get pushed to the side. Sprinkle in a little bit of procrastination, and here were are announcing our Fifth Annual Holiday Giveaway taking place on Friday, December 17 at 8:30PM Eastern (click here for time conversions)! Meet us at the Arena stone in Plane of Knowledge, and help spread the word to help us spread the cheer!

In keeping with tradition, we'll be giving away a sizeable chunk of Krono and raid gear (mostly from CoV!). Players from all servers are welcome since all items are tradeable and therefore have a platinum/Krono value! As a reminder, Elvish is the "common tongue" of the server, so please make sure you max-out your character's language skill in order to communicate throughout the event! This giveaway will continue on the EQ Forums, so make sure to give this thread a visit, too!

In closing, I suppose we should also mention that EverQuest's next installment, Terror of Luclin, is going live on December 7, 2021! We're always looking for dependable, competitive, and knowledgeable players, so please check out our recruitment section to see if what we do and what we're about tickles your fancy!

Happy Holidays from Valhallah!

Image credit: click

Hail, friends!

We are excited to announce our fourth annual holiday giveaway taking place Friday, December 18 at 8PM Eastern in the Plane of Knowledge on the Firiona Vie server! If necessary, you can view a generated list of time zone conversations HERE!

We'll be giving away hundreds of TOV raid items, spells, and augments through various events and contests that all have their own unique spin, such as hide-and-seek, a scavenger hunt, /random rolls, and EQ-related trivia! You're encouraged to attend even if you don't play on the Firiona Vie server, as all of these items will be tradeable and can therefore be sold and converted into Kronos that you can take with you to your home server(s)! Please note that new characters will not have a common tongue language upon their creation, so we politely ask that the character you're using is fluent in plain, regular Elvish. You can accomplish this by creating a High Elf, Half Elf, or Wood Elf whom will all have the language available innately, by spending your skill points at a trainer to learn the language manually, or by forcing your merc to listen to your spam!

Additionally, we also have a forum contest running through this thread on the Official EverQuest Forums. You can read all of the details in that post, but the "cliff notes" include a sizeable amount of Kronos to be divided among the most creative, thoughtful, and unique submissions that spread laughs and holiday cheer to brighten up what has been a very challenging year for us all.

We hope to see as many of you as possible on Friday, December 18 at 8PM Eastern in the Plane of Knowledge on the Firiona Vie server! We also hope to see lots of great submissions in the forum thread to brighten everyone's spirits. All of the best to you and yours this holiday season from the entire Valhallah guild!

RIP Lunatess

Christine "Lunatess" Anderson
March 8, 1976 - April 9, 2020

If you've ever played on Firiona Vie, it's likely that you've encountered one of the nicest people the sever had to offer. Some of you may know her as Gala, a Magician during the old <Fire and Fury> days, some of you may know her as Lunatess, a Druid of <Valhallah>, and some of you may know her as Christy. Regardless, it is with a heavy heart that we announce the passing of one of our own, Christine "Lunatess" Anderson.

Lunatess was battling cancer for the last few years of her life, and ultimately "lost" her battle on April 9, 2020. I can't quite come to terms with using the word "lost," because had you interacted with Luna in any way, you'd never know she was fighting such a horrible disease. Over the course of a couple years and throughout several recurrences, she continued to login, play the game she enjoyed, and presented her best self to everyone she encountered.

Alongside many other guild members, I feel very lucky to have shared a final message to her before she passed. In that message, I wrote "Whether you like it or not, I'm giving you my word that you'll be forever memorialized in Valhallah history. You always showed up, put out, and did exactly what was needed, and what I'll never forget is that you did all of that with a great attitude, a playful spirit, and a warm heart -- regardless of how tough the times were for you. You should know me well enough to know that I'm always looking for sources of motivation when I need to dig deep, and how you presented yourself to this guild despite the hell you've been through these past few years will forever put you down in my book as an absolute warrior." Although it may have taken her life in the end, it's for all of these reasons that cancer did NOT win.

In closing, anyone wishing to extend their condolences to Christy's family can do so on the virtual guest book for her obituary
located here. Additionally, her family has set up a Go Fund Me campaign to help with countless medical bills and the cost of interment. Although we understand that times are tough for everyone at this point in time, we cannot stress enough that every little bit helps.

Rest peacefully, Luna. Until Valhalla...

Happy New Year!

And just like that, 2019 is gone! We hope everyone had a happy, safe, and fun-filled holiday season!

Unfortunately, the typical Valhallah Christmas Giveaway continued to be pushed back further and further. Everyone's schedules were insanely busy, and the Christmas giveaway slowly became the New Years Giveaway. If you took part in the fun, we would like to extend a sincere thanks to everyone that participated! There wasn't nearly as much loot as in 2019, but unfortunately that's the combined effect of the Luck stat and GMM providing very little rot loot. We still hope that everyone enjoyed nonetheless! If you won something (or if you'd just like to look at the spreadsheet!), there is a log of everything available
at this link. Please contact any member of leadership if something is incorrect.

As always, we are recruiting for Torment of Velious as raiding content becomes available very soon!

Valhallah Is Recruiting!

recruitment

You know we haven't had an update in a ridiculously long time when even I start to get sick of seeing the same post!

Anyway, EverQuest: Torment of Velious launches on Wednesday, December 18! If you'd like to experience everything the expansion has to offer, it just so happens that we have a few openings on the Valhallah roster! Priority consideration will be given to Wizards, Magicians, and Shamans, and we will also be seeking applications from highly-skilled Rogues, Monks, and Rangers. We might even be able to squeeze in some exceptional Warriors and Shadow Knights, too! Beta and the farming of The Burning Lands are in full swing, so don't miss out!

Also, a little birdie told me that there could be another Valhallah Christmas Giveaway this year! Unfortunately we won't have nearly as huge of a loot pool as we did last year thanks to luck, but we do have at least a growing handful of items that could add some holiday cheer to Norrath! Stay tuned for updates!

Pages: [1] 2